Here are the compiled results from the BUGMI Conference Evaluations.
Of 181 attendees, we received 62 responses. The evaluations were positive for the most part.
Some of the general threads we got in the free form comments were:
1) The opening session was long and not relevant to everyone
2) Financial Aid BOF call in quality was poor
3) Try to get more sessions areas such as Finance, Advancement and Financial Aid.
(Remember, to have a session, someone has to be willing to present... hint, hint!)
4) Spread out Student sessions more. The 4th block had lots of student sessions.
(The reason the 4th block had so many student sessions was because the other areas didn't have enough presentations. Sorry the interesting ones stacked up and that you had to choose just one!)
Thanks again everyone for coming. If you have further feedback regarding this year's conference, please feel free to email Shellie Hubert, and she will pass it along to the next school.
BUGMI Registration has officially closed. We are expecting 192 participants. We will post the latest spreadsheets on Monday.
Thank you everyone for participating! We are looking forward to meeting all of you next week!
We are very excited to share the BUGMI 2013 Schedule with you!
This document is a draft of the Conference Program, and it contains the descriptions of each presentation.
We currently have 32 presentations besides our opening and closing sessions! Thank you to all our presenters!
Please invite other users from your institution that might benefit from any of these sessions!
*Schedule is subject to change.
Thank you for staying tuned to our weekly BUGMI Conference Updates!
This week, we will be finalizing the conference proposals and getting ready to contact our presenters next week!
How can you help?
* Send us your BOF session topic ideas.
Starting today, we will be gathering topics for the Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions. There will be 8 BOF sessions: A/R, Advancement, Finance, Financial Aid, Human Resources, Reporting/Data Warehouse, Student and Technical. Here is a chance for you to ask your burning questions! We are looking for your ideas on what topics each BOF session should cover. Please submit your topics/questions through this form.
* We still have room for one more proposal! We could use one more proposal in each of the following subjects: Accounts Receivable, Advancement, Finance, Financial Aid, and Human Resources. Final decisions will be made this Friday, September 6th. We want to hear from you! Submit your proposal ideas this week!
* If you haven't registered yet, Register NOW! The conference is Friday, October 11, 2013 at Lansing Community College. Registration fee is $30 check out the link to see what is included. We should be posting the conference schedule within the next two weeks!
* The latest attendees list is available: We have 49 attendees. Currently, the largest contingents are from the Student group and the Technical Group with Financial Aid coming in third. Encourage other Banner users from your institution to come too! The registration deadline is October 4th.
Please use the following form to Submit your Birds of a Feather (BOF) Topics and Questions.
Here is a link to the 2013 BUGMI Conference Attendees List. This list will be updated weekly until the conference on October 11th!
The 2013 BUGMI Conference in Lansing, MI.
Conference Date: Friday, October 11, 2013
Registration closed Friday, October 4th, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions regarding the conference registration process or submitting a presentation proposal, email us at email@example.com.
Thinking about attending the 2013 BUGMI Conference, but need a place to stay?
Book your hotels early. There are several hotels in the area, but many of them have limited availability if you plan to also stay Friday evening. Here is a list of hotels within 5 miles of the LCC West Campus.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing, MI (2 miles from LCC West Campus)
6511 Centurion Dr. Lansing, MI
Lexington Lansing Hotel (2 miles from LCC West Campus)
925 S Creyts Rd, Lansing, MI
SpringHill Suites Lansing (4 miles from LCC West Campus)
111 S. Market Pl Blvd, Lansing, MI
Quality Suites (4 miles from LCC West Campus)
901 Delta Commerce Dr, Lansing, MI
Hampton Inn Lansing (4 miles from LCC West Campus)
525 N. Canal Rd, Lansing, MI
Ramada (4 miles from LCC West Campus)
7501 W. Saginaw Hwy, Lansing, MI
We still plan to open registration on August 5th, 2013. Watch for more details!
We are also Calling for Proposals or topic ideas for the conference. Those are due by August 16th.
Questions about the conference? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you who attended last year's conference, we hope you received your 2013 BUGMI Conference Save the Date cards in the mail last week.
If you did not attend the conference or you did not receive your mailing, here is a link to the Conference Save the Date Mailer.
The cards have the dates for the Call for Proposals and dates for conference registration.
We already have our first proposal, as well as our first topic ideas, please, keep them coming! We are listening for more of your ideas at email@example.com.